CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 9, 2011

Ariel's Letter #7 May 9, 2011 - - Stove-top EVERYTHING!!

Please write.  I love letters.  Go to dearelder.com..Press "Find mission" and press "Russia na Donu" and then press" Write Letter" and write me!!!  Thank you!!!
 Make sure and send all packages and snail mail (this does not include pouch mail) pouch mail has been getting here great btw! to the Bolshaya Sadovaya address that I gave you before
Russia Rostov Mission
Bolshaya Sadovaya 39/4
344082
Rostov-na-Donu, Russia

Hello Everyone!!

This week was pretty slow, as Cectpa Undezjorova was sick most of the week, so we didn't go out much this week.... Last preparation day (We get one day each week to do laundry, write letters and see other things if we have time)  we walked down and saw the Don River!!  It was fun to just walk around and see the people just milling around, eating, and having a good time!  That evening we had family home evening with the president of our branch!  I led the spiritual thought!  It was only like 7 minutes long or so.... but hey!  I think they understood my Russian, so that was good!!  We also got a call from our Zone Leaders this week and got the news that they had found Osama Bin Laden, so they told us to be really careful to who we talked to and where we went.
 
The other week we met this lady named Lydia.  She absolutely LOVES us and loves talking with us.  She is about 85 or so and so animated and happy!  She reminds me a lot of Gramzy! :)  We made no bake cookies, with out Peanut Butter, this week.  We didnt' have any aluminum foil, so we used the wrappers from candy bars to put the cookies on.  We then gave some to Lydia and some other people.  Our "American cookies" were a big hit! :)  I guess you can't go wrong for most people with chocolate and sugar!  We don't have an oven, and since we were home most of the week, I also experimented and made stove top apple cobbler!  It actually turned out pretty good!! I also made my companion her first grilled cheese sandwich!  She is a big fan and now we make them fairly often!

We had a pretty big disappointment earlier this week though as we went to teach Alexander.  We went out and bought everything that we needed to start the quite smoking program with him.  The food, snacks, vitamins, etc.  We got to his house and he seemed a little bit different.  When we started the lesson and gave him the 15 steps that he would need to do everyday, he looked at them and said that he would only do some of them because it was bogus and he knew that it wouldn't work.  It was hard for me to understand why he wouldn't just try it for a week if he really wanted to quit, but there has to be another underlying problem.  I was really sad and just felt really bad.  I didnt' feel like we could ever expect him to progress and get baptized now.  I have really realized that I need to have more faith.  My faith makes a big difference in the work as missionaries.  Like it says in Moroni 7:27,29   " Wherefore, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased because Christ hath ascended into heaven, and hath sat down on the right hand of God, to claim of the Father His rights of mercy which He hath upon the children of men?..And because He has done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold, I say unto you Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men."   I know that miracles have not ceased, and so I have been praying for a miracle.  We haven't given up on him and I am going to do all I can to help him come unto Christ!  That's our message!  That Christ invites all to come unto Him and be cleansed and perfected in Him!

We had a lesson this week for our district conference about family history.  I have been reading the family history book that my mom made for me before I left.  Wow!  Families are amazing and the love that I felt for my ancestors was really strong!  That is also our message!  That families can be together forever!  We are here to help people find the path that will enable them to have their families for eternity!

This week we were able to teach an English lesson!  Wow!! It was SO fun!!  I'm excited to someday be a teacher, and I may want to do TESOL!  We sang and practiced knowing parts of the body!

Just to give you all an idea.  The church here is SO small!  In fact, we just heard, I'm not 100% sure it' correct, but they are going to form their first stake in Russia on June 5 in Moscow!  I don't know any 2nd generation members... those that have been born and raised in the church... that are over 16 years old.  At least that I know of... So we are doing a lot of ground breaking and the work that we are doing here is the beginning of effecting many generations to come!  There is a quote in one of our packets we get for the Rostov Mission and Elder Piper said that their are as many people prepared here in Russia as there are in Mexico, we just need to find them!  Now I need to put our faith to the test and find those that have been prepared!

Alright!  My two best friends have very important days this week!  Happy Birthday Martin!!!  I hope that you have a SPLENDID day!!! And Corrie!! I wish you all the luck in the world as you enter the MTC this week!  Oh, don't you worry, you will be hearing from me, and you won't be able to help but see me very shortly after you return!  Even the minute you get off the plane... well, if I can get past security to get to you!!  I love you both!!!!

Love,
Cectpa Cunningham

 This is the Don River.

And again.

 My poor sick companion.

No Bakes.

 This is President Nechiporov!! Yes HE IS THE BEST  and serving in Rostov we get to see him in the office almost weekly!

These are his bunny slippers that Cectrpa Nechiporova got for him for Christmas!!



 Trying Apple Cobbler!

Me talking to ......MY FAMILY!!!  Happy mother's day!! I realized I was SO excited I forgot to wish you a happy mother's day!!! i love you MOM!!

 We made this case for my scriptures this week and now I can take the pictures of my family with me EVERYWHERE!  Ammon's pic is kinda wierd... but it was the only one I had!  But I still love seeing their smiling faces and it makes me happy to remember them!!! I love you family!!!

Flowers in Rostov!! ya!! So pretty!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment